Friday, February 26, 2010

LA

Well I arrived at LAX and made it through Customs in record time.  Went straight to the B&B that I am staying at and got settled in.  It is a lovely place in Hancock Park, which is a really nice area and quite central.  David organised for us to attend an MPSE event yesterday evening, which was about Inglorious Basterds.  I thought it would be great to hear the sound guys discussing the film.

To my surprise Vfx legend John Dykstra, the films editor Sally Menke, DOP Bob Richardson, Supervising Sound Editor Wylie Stateman and Re-recording Mixers Tony Lamberty and Michael Minkler were in attendance.  The big surprise was Quentin Tarantino showed up halfway through the forum.  Wow!  what a way to start an LA visit!

We're now working hard on the dialogue edit, discovering little gems in the material that Adrian sent to us. Geoff is working hard on the musical score, but communication over the past few days (while I was in transit) was difficult, which meant he worked on a cue for a day longer than he actually needed to.  The clock is ticking, but it's all coming together.

I will be going to see Ep.3 of The Pacific this evening with Dustin, the series hasn't been release in the US yet and probably won't get to Australia until later this year, so I'm excited to see it.

I guess this is the difference about living in the sleepy town of Perth and the American film capital of Los Angeles, there is so much going on over here that you would probably be able to find some sort of film function to go to every night.

No comments: