Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Update

We recorded ADR yesterday morning with Dustin, the session went really well and I learnt a little more about the process.  Dusto did a great job and it was good to finally catch up with him, over here.  David and I then went to 'the Valley' to deliver the dialogue files to Jim Fitzpatrick who is doing the dialogue edit.  Jim's a lovely guy and has a credit list as long as my arm span.

We then went to Warner Brothers and finally caught up with Katy.  She took us through the WB studio lot and through a number of the Sound mixing rooms, one was mixing 'Cats and Dogs II'... I know, I know...you might say what a crock, but hearing the mix at 85db was impressive on the mix stage.

Geoff has be uploading the music cues and I managed to listen to them today.  Lesson to self:  Next time make sure I have a laptop!  Communications have been difficult, but we're getting there.  Anyway, he has delivered the 2nd last cue, the 3rd cue and is working on all of them simultaneously.

We listened to the effects today, which were supplied by Bob Arons, they were so good and I only gave about 3 notes.  They will however, impact on the music score, so Geoff and I had a good chat this afternoon on iChat.

This evening I went out to Blur Studios to catch up with Jan, who was the Vfx guru on Iron Bird.  He is doing really well, now works super quick and is an expert with al the software they use.  It was really good to see him as I hadn't since the end of Iron Bird.

Then David, Katy and I went to this great Korean BBQ which was fantastic!

No comments: