Thursday, October 22, 2009

More Positive

Today was a positive step in the right direction.  It looks like we've found an actor to play the lead Japanese character, Chomatsu.
I was sure enough in my mind that the production would now be going ahead, that I contacted Dustin Clare and Clarkie to 'touch base' and see where they were at.  Both of them have been working on backgrounds and researching accents.  It was great to chat to Dusto again, it's been a long while.
We are close to getting a Costume person attached, but Michael has met our new Production Designer and we do have a Make-up person.
For a production which has no money, we are in a good position to make this happen.
"This has been the hardest thing I've had to do so far, " Michael said to me today.
Yes, a period movie on a tiny budget is a big ask.  Even though when I wrote it, I definitely had in mind doing something for a very small budget, the search for detail all adds up.

No comments: