Sunday, November 22, 2009

Post Funding application

I've seen the quote to finish the vision part of post production, to deliver a quality Master, which is colour graded and meets all the technical requirments for festivals, distribution and screening.  It is scary and we still have to factor in the sound post, mixing and music recording.  So Michael has been busily looking into post funding through Screen Australia.

I can't believe the amount of paperwork you need to supply before you even step into the door.  I need to supply a one line synopsis, a one paragraph synopsis, a one page synopsis, a copy of the script, a director's statement describing my directorial approach to the project, CV, post production notes and a bio.

I can't understand the need for the various synopsis or the director's statement, the film has already been shot and we just want to finish it.  Anyway, I guess I'm going to need the various synopsis for our marketing and for festivals, so might as well do them now.  Well, at least we have until January to complete the paperwork.

No comments: