Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Getting closer

Well, I now know the cost of the post sound component of this film and I can see where a Screen Australia grant would be spent!  Hmmm...

On a brighter note, I was working with Sarah on the edit today and it is looking good!  I especially like how scene 3 is playing.  Sarah put some of the temp music tracks I had found into the cut, which added another layer of emotion to that scene and a number of others.  It feels like it is all there, but we just need to ensure we have the best performance takes and really keep questioning ourselves about the edit and ask 'are we telling the story', to the best of our abilities, with the material we have.

We did question the need for the 2nd Unit pick-up exterior shots.  I had the thought today, because I didn't miss seeing them in the edit at all.  I'll ponder that and so will Sarah and we'll hopefully have the answer by Friday.  The plan is to show Michael, the films Producer, an edit on Monday which should be close to a Fine Cut.

Exciting!

No comments: