Thursday, September 25, 2008

Money!!!

I've had a couple days being very concerned about how we're going to afford to make this film. Unlike the way it was a couple years ago, it is harder to get crew to do things for free. Normally I would just go and find young, recently graduated film students to fill the void, but the people Camille has been talking too and talking about, are professionals. Admittedly some have already committed to Kanowna, but there are still some very important roles we need to fill.

It's hard not to worry about these things because you want to make it the best you possibly can. As the Director you could say; "don't worry, that's the Producer's job". I'd agree and if we had a budget I'd agree more... anyway, I should stop worrying.

Still waiting for feedback on the new draft from Camille. I don't want to send it out to everyone with the footnote, "there may be changes". Everyone knows there will be, but I want to get it as close as possible.

Things are looking hopeful that we will soon have Kingsley Reeve onboard as the Sound Designer. He is the most popular theatre sound designer in Perth and wants to move across to film. Ash speaks very highly about him and I value his opinion. We still have to meet, but I'm positive.

No comments: