Thursday, September 18, 2008

We have an editor

Not too busy today. I spoke to the potential actor for the role of Osarno and we are hopefully meeting this weekend. I also was contacted by a DOP I am keen to talk with about the film and we have organised to meet next Tuesday evening. Because of budgetary concerns we need to look more at recruiting locally for crew, cast etc... Even the Chomatsu character may need to come from Perth now. It is very difficult to do a film on such a low budget.

Anyway, some good news. Lawrie Silvestrin who edited my last film 'Iron Bird' has agreed to come on as editor. We will work from his home studio and only at night and on weekends to edit the film. Hopefully this will be ok, but he is not sure how shooting on the Red One will impact on the Post pathway and his home system might not be able to handle it.

Lawrie made a nice commented that he really enjoyed the Iron Bird process and enjoyed working with me. He also enjoyed the types of films I like to make and how they never fitted within the traditional Australian film subject matter which was refreshing and fun to work on. It was nice to hear that and I am really looking forward to working with Lawrie again.

No comments: