Thursday, September 11, 2008

Producer Jumps Ship

Sorry about the delay in a new post, but it has been a difficult couple of days.  On Monday I got a phone call from the Producer basically saying he didn't want to produce the film anymore.  He used the excuse that I had such a good team and he didn't know where he could fit in and that between Dustin, Clarke and myself, we could produce the film and maybe he would come in towards the end with 5K to help us finish and then get an EP credit.

I shot this down immediately.  The only reason I even considered making another short film was because he wanted to Produce a film and he had the resources to fund it.  I also believed that he was a determined and driven individual who would make a good Producer.  I made it clear that neither of us wanted to Produce and we depended on him to take up that role.

Anyway, his excuse was pretty lame and I was bitterly disappointed by this development.  In the end he said "Give me a week and I'll have to think about it and get back to you." 

I couldn't believe it!

Much has transpired since then and I will get to that soon.

Stay tuned!

No comments: